Simply Dustin Hoffman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Simply Dustin Hoffman

The place where Dustin Hoffman fans can get together and discuss the actor, his films, and more!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is depressing...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Webmaster
Admin
Webmaster

This is depressing... Empty
PostSubject: This is depressing...   This is depressing... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Since Dustin's going to be in the movie Very Good Girls, I've been going to the Dakota Fanning websites the past months to see any news, since they are usually very up to date on that sort of crap. I went to one of her websites, and this is what the webmaster wrote:

Dear everyone,

I've decided to close Wonderful Dakota. The main reason is that I'm not a huge fan anymore as I used to be. I will always love and support Dakota no matter what. I will always be her fan no matter what. I loved working on the site, but when there's a new update I have to update it because of the update, not because I like it anymore. The 2nd reason is time.....I have my work, my friends, my house, everything. There's not enough time :-) I runned this website for almost 6 years (on my own!) with lots of love! I build it up with lots of love. Now it's time for other things in my life, other goals. Don't ask me to take it over, because it's something I did, I made...I am proud of myself I did everything on my own and that's something to look back at with a smile :-) And the 3rd thing is the financial part. Always paid everything by myself without asking donations from you guys. Can't afford that anymore....

I want to thank EVERYONE who have helped me in all those years! For the layouts, donating pictures, EVERYTHING! So again: thank you, god bless you!!! I want to thank Dakota for 6 wonderful years! Will always follow your career no matter what. Love you and your sister with all my heart and that won't change.
The contract with the host will end in February so this site will still be wacthing till then.... but no updates anymore. You can always contact me on the e-mail wonderfuldakota@hotmail.com. Or you can see me on the ES message board sometimes :-) Take care everyone, may all your dreams come true! Hope you won't judge me for doing this. It was a huge step to take but the right step.

It made me start to think about this website and what's going to happen if, well... I'm ever going to do the same thing. It doesn't seem very fair to you guys but what happens if the bills are too much? Is anyone else here going to take over? I don't know...it just seems like I've been reading a lot of this type of stuff lately and I'm really stuck in my life at the moment as well. I've decided to go to college to get a degree as a CNA and at the moment still live with my mom, who is the REAL one who helps pay for everything. Kind of embarressing... Shocked
But I'm also in a play at the moment and a starving actor as well, I need to find a job now, I do have friends, blah blah blah...

But is it REALLY fair to you guys if I just packed everything up and left one day? I just wanted to get your thoughts on it and what would happen if I ever did such a thing. I've always thought of finding someone else...who knows? Suspect
What is your opinion?
(I might now get a reply now for four months...oh well....)
Back to top Go down
https://simplydustinhoffman.forumakers.com
Dusty

Dusty

PostSubject: Re: This is depressing...   This is depressing... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 pm

If you didn't update forever, I wouldn't take it personal or feel like I had any right to be upset with you. You have your own life and if it was me running this site, I honestly would probably have given up by now. o.O I think it's amazing that you've kept it going the way you have and am seriously impressed. I'm just glad a site like this exists. There isn't any other place like this for Dustin fans. The idea that the site could ever disappear would be very sad indeed because of all the wonderful pictures and interviews that you probably spent a great deal of time uploading. If it came down to money, I'm sure there's a way to somehow transfer most of the site to a free service. It won't be exactly the same simplydustinhoffman.com, but nonetheless it will keep all precious content so it isn't lost forever. A lot of fan sites close. Most that I ever went to when I was younger have closed down or have been taken over. The ones with longevity are usually the ones run by more than one person, where it's very much an interactive "everyone submits to keep it going" or just completely run on a public platform where there's free hosting and the bills aren't an issue. Btw, that's so cool that you're going to be a CNA and you're acting!
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Admin
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: This is depressing...   This is depressing... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:54 pm

I guess whenever someone does something like this it kind of makes me...angry because in the end, you don't just lose, everyone does and I don't think it's that impossible to find someone else to take over. The work's kind of already done and a lot of people (such as me) just don't have anything to do. We can dedicate our lives to Dustin and his fans Very Happy But I get the money thing.
The whole thing is just so sad.
The funny thing is sometimes I AM just not passionate enough to update or there just isn't any news and I kind of do lose my passion, but I still get emails from people saying, "Hey, I love your website!" and that keeps me going. And I'll always be a fan of Dustin, unless he, like..burns a puppy or something... Shocked
Who knows though? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://simplydustinhoffman.forumakers.com
Dusty

Dusty

PostSubject: Re: This is depressing...   This is depressing... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:38 pm

LOL that was so random and funny. I agree, it is sad because you're right, everyone who enjoys the site loses out too. I'm glad you've kept it going because this would probably happen if it disappeared: Shocked Crying or Very sad There really aren't any other Dustin fan sites out there either, the only other places are those websites that spam every possibly celebrity and have the most generic of pictures and info. It's too bad the internet didn't exist in the 60's and 70's, imagine how many more pictures, articles, etc would have been archived and viewable online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is depressing...   This is depressing... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is depressing...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simply Dustin Hoffman :: Dustin Hoffman :: Dustin Hoffman (English)-
Jump to: